Daylight and Sunlight.
We are regularly appointed by developers to provide daylight and sunlight advice to assist with the submission of a planning application. We provide design advice to architects to reduce the impact on surrounding properties and ensure adequate light to proposed schemes. Once a scheme is finalised we provide daylight and sunlight reports to accompany an application. Reports are generally based on the Building Research Establishment Guide: “Site Layout Planning for Daylight and Sunlight”. We also provide advice to affected owners who neighbour development sites, assisting with their objections to a planning application.
Here at Schofield Surveyors, we have an industry leading team with well over 25 years of experience in dealing with rights of light and daylight and sunlight matters adding essential commercial value to development sites. We have a dedicated team working for a wide range of clients.
We undertake preliminary site appraisals and when appropriate to full on technical assessments advising on complicated light issues throughout the planning process (daylight and sunlight) and at common law (rights of light).
We offer a wide range of services in this field, which are briefly summarised below:
- Design solutions and guidance to establish a daylight/sunlight and rights of light strategy
- Portfolio risk management for rights of light
- Bespoke maximum building envelope to steer design towards acceptable lighting levels
- Cutbacks to assist rights of light and daylight and sunlight strategy
- Detailed daylight and sunlight assessments and report suitable for planning submission
- Solar Glare assessments
- Overshadowing assessments
- Mitigation solutions to maximize developable area
- Detailed rights of light assessments and reports
- Negotiations acting for developer and impacted neighbours
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for daylight and sunlight
- Expert Witness
- Representation at planning committee
- Planning Appeals
We use cutting edge analysis software which enables us to provide advice with a high degree of accuracy where required.